Rally for the Cure® Terms and Conditions
Susan G. Komen is extremely grateful for the efforts of all individuals who fundraise on behalf of Komen. Your efforts help us in the fight against breast cancer. The following guidelines apply to all personal fundraising activities you as an individual conduct on behalf of Komen in connection with the Rally for the Cure Program (which will be referred to here as your “Rally Event”). If you would like more information on how an incorporated entity may conduct fundraising activities to benefit Komen and its mission, please contact Komen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636).
Promotion & Donations
- Komen grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to use the fundraising materials Komen makes available to you for the sole purpose of promoting your Rally Event. A few rules apply:
- You cannot modify or alter the fundraising materials in any way.
- You may not use Komen’s signature logo, Rally for the Cure® trademark, Running Ribbon, or any of Komen’s other trademarks in any way other than as part of the fundraising materials Komen makes available to you. This means, for example, that you may not use any Komen trademarks on materials you create to promote your Rally Event.
You may begin to use the fundraising materials immediately after submitting your Rally Event registration. However, you must discontinue using them once you conclude your Rally Event. At its sole discretion, Komen may require you to discontinue your use of the fundraising materials.
- All promotions of your Rally Event must clearly state that 100% of the pledges and donations solicited will be donated to Komen.
- Within thirty (30) days of the completion of your Rally Event (but no later than one (1) year after registering your Rally Event), all pledges/donations raised in connection with your Rally Event must be forwarded by check to Komen at the address listed on your reconciliation form. Please make checks payable to “Susan G. Komen.
- You are solely responsible and liable for all aspects of your Rally Event, including, but not limited to, the safe and lawful conduct of any activities and ensuring that such activities are conducted in a professional manner befitting Komen’s outstanding public image. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws (e.g., lottery laws, raffle laws, etc.), filing all appropriate registrations, and obtaining all permits, releases, consents, licenses, and approvals as may be required or necessary for promoting and conducting your Rally Event.
- Komen is not responsible or liable for providing you with any resources, personnel or materials necessary or required for your Rally Event other than the resources made available by Komen.
- Komen is not responsible for obtaining or providing any insurance in connection with your Rally Event. Local municipalities and property owners often require third-party organizers to provide proof of insurance. Komen recommends you comply with insurance requirements because you assume all risk associated with your Rally Event.
BY ACCEPTING THESE GUIDELINES, YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL INJURIES OR DAMAGES YOU MAY SUSTAIN OR CAUSE OTHERS TO SUSTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR RALLY EVENT, AND TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD KOMEN AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND SUPPLIERS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM SUCH INJURIES AND DAMAGES.